Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Why Did I Change My Blog Format?

TML ICON copy

   We have been getting a lot of questions lately about our format change.  For those of you who are new here, let me bring you up to speed.  Back in 2010 I started a Movie & Media Review Blog to help like minded individuals find content that is entertaining without being offending.  I love movies and I love writing about them!

  • Why the Format Change?

   Over time I noticed that some of my most popular posts were ones on controversial topics and my opinions on my faith.  These were also the ones I enjoyed writing the most.

  • Why did you make a new Facebook Page, why not merge your two Facebook Pages?

   When we started the Mormon Media Reviews Facebook Page we joined some contests to help us gain Likes.  This resulted in a lot of fake followers who would put our posts on hide or unlike us.  Facebook sees right through this and plummeted our page views.  We had over 1,500 Fans, but only 10-20% of our Fans actually see our posts.  We wanted to get a fresh start with real Fans this time.  Like our New Facebook Page!

  • Will you still do movie reviews?

   I already have! Yes we will continue to review movies and media for you. Entertainment is a big part of my life and my faith has a lot to do with what media options I choose.

  • What posts are you working on?

   Currently I am creating a list of 10 Movies every Mormon family should own. If you have one to add, comment below! I have an Open Letter to Saints who don't want a Home Teacher. I am also trying to get reviews done for Saratov Approach, Walking with Dinosaurs, Bad Grandpa, and I just saw Catching Fire on Saturday. Plus I promised my Podcast mate I'd do a write up for his new book 250 Great Movies for Latter-day Saint Families.  Boy, I am busy!

  • The links I used to use to get to your site aren't working. Who do I fix that?

   They should all work again now. There were some delays with the domain changes. To reach our page you can go to www.This-Mormon-Life.com. We still have a few bugs to work out. If you forget the www you go to a blank page and if you share a post from our page on Facebook the old Mormon Media Reviews icon shows up. We are slowly working on theses, but if you see anymore, let us know.

  • Do you take requests?

   We do! We write about what we are passionate about, but we also write for what you are passionate about. If you want to know about a movie or topic or you have a film, or media item for us to review we would be glad to. Just remind us. As you can see above we are a little back logged. I don't ignore you intentionally I swear!

  • Why is your website hyphenated?

   ThisMormonLife.com was already taken!  It was being camped by some buy who never used it.  I contacted him several times to see if he would transfer it to me, but he never responded.  Now it has expired and it will go to auction to the highest bidder.  I was really bummed. 

  • I disagree with your opinion.

   Well first, that isn’t a question.  Second, tell me about it.  I don’t always get it right.  Sometimes I forget about a scene or didn’t catch a bad word.  Or maybe I am just too conservative or liberal for you.  Let us know your opinion so you can help our readers make the most educated choice possible.

  • Do you make any money doing this?

   Essentially no.  Movies are expensive in Southern California!  A big screen movie in 3D on a Saturday night is now over $20!  My site does have sponsors, but we are no where near actually making a profit.  It is simply a labor of love.  If you want to support us and the work we do you can learn more about that here.

If you have any more questions for us, just write them below and we will give you the answers you seek.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts