Monday, June 30, 2014

Get Ready for Summer- Three Hour Block Party Ribs

Grady Ribs

This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Weave Made Media® and Farmland/Smithfield, but all my opinions are my own. #weavemade #ReadySetRibs http://my-disclosur.es/RgFrEH

   With our impending move to Arizona we have been staying with my parents these past few weeks. My mom is an awesome cook, and before I left I asked her to teach me how to make her awesome baby back ribs. When I get to Gilbert I am going to need to impress all our new friends with my BBQ skills.

  Her ribs are surprisingly easy to make. They are the perfect dinner to throw in the oven, head off to your Three Hour Block of church, and come home to a meal ready to slap on the table. Or you can grab a knife and separate the ribs and serve them at your Summer Block Party.

So Meaty   The most important part of your BBQ is the meat. I went with Farmland’s “All Natural” Ribs. As you can see on the packaging, it is Extra Meaty! They are also free from artificial ingredients, preservatives, or added steroids or hormones. If that isn’t enough; Coupons.com is giving you a dollar off! (while supplies last) That was all the convincing I needed so stopped by Walmart and picked up a slab.

Ribs Collage  Once I got home, the first thing we did was lay out the ribs on some aluminum foil and give them a good coating of Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce. Then we sprinkled on some brown sugar to top it off. Wrap it up tight in the foil and that’s all the prep work the ribs need!

    Next you will want to turn on your oven to 325 degrees and get out your Oval High Capacity Dutch Oven. Add about 2 inches of water to the bottom of the Dutch oven and place something in the bottom to keep your ribs above the water line. (Pie tins worked great). We use a Dutch oven because it heats evenly and locks in the moisture we need to tenderize the meat. Lastly put the foil wrapped ribs in the Dutch oven, cover it with the lid, and put it in the conventional oven for just 3 hours. We flipped them every half hour, but it isn’t requisite.

oven prep

   When time’s up, pull out the ribs and serve them with pride! I was so impressed with the results, the meat was just falling off the bones. Everyone in the family was going on and on about how tender, sweet, and juicy they were. I was pretty proud of myself for the first attempt. All the credit goes to my sweet Momma who shared with me her special recipe.

Come and Get It

   Check out me, my mom, and wife chowing down on some Baby Back Ribs. The great thing about Farmland is that there is a ton of variety. If you don’t want to mess with the bones, they have a great tenderloin. Also, if you don’t like all your food tasting like candy like I do, you can check out the BBQ Pitmasters at ReadySetRibs. They have a lot more recipes and grilling techniques.

Let's Eat

   What is your favorite way to prepare ribs? Do you smoke them, slow roast, or throw them on the BBQ? Let us know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts